Re: Blackdown Java .bin file

Subject: Re: Blackdown Java .bin file
From: Olivier Reisch (ydl@karasuma.net)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 15:27:30 MST

On Saturday 23 February 2002 21:43, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded Blackdown Java SDK from one
> of the mirror sites.
>
> Now I've got the SDK as a .bin file in my /usr directory.
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but how do I install this thing?
>
> The blackdown site mentions bzip2, and I tried using
> that, but it doesn't seem to like it.
>
> Should I try to mount this file? Is this a MacOS bin file?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drew

Hello,

All you need to do is execute the .bin file as root, eg.
su
./installer.bin

That will extract the archive into your /usr directory or wherever you put
the .bin file.

Olivier Reisch                                  doctomoe@tuxppc.org
TuxPPC Site Director
http://www.tuxppc.org
The number one user resource for Linux on PPC.

For safe mail, get my PGP Key: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/olivier.reisch/oreisch_public_key.gpg ________________________________________________