Re: Online and DNS Forwarding WORKING!

Subject: Re: Online and DNS Forwarding WORKING!
From: cubisss (cubisss@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 16:48:16 MST

Well, it's up and running, not sure what fixed it as I fiddled with so much.

I deleted the :53 port in IPNetRouter, and re-added it

Protocol=TCP (this may have been UDP in the original)
Apparent endpoint=nn.nn.nn.nn (my dhcp served IP address)
Actual Endpoint=192.168.111.255:domain
Age=0
Flag=P

I think that may have done it, though I was attempting other things on the
Linux end simultaneously, so my troubleshooting wasn't perfect.

On the Linux end I created /etc/rc.conf as:

Hostname="localhost"
Domainname=""
Defaultroute="192.168.111.1"

And added the line

lookup file bind

To the end of /etc/resolv.conf

But I undid both of those changes and it still works now.

Wish I had a solid answer for the next person to run into this. Thanks for
all the advice

-Dan

Also

on 2/23/02 9:07 AM, Robert Brandtjen at rob@prometheusmedia.com allegedly
wrote:

> this is what mine looks like - I have my Name servers - one is at domain
> .101, the other one listed is an outside (my ISP's) Name server for
> redundancy purposes. Prometheusmedia is my domain and my name servers are
> ns1. and ns2.
>
> prometheusmedia.com
> search prometheusmedia.com
> nameserver 216.161.20.101