Re: UPDATE: YDL 2.1 install problem

Subject: Re: UPDATE: YDL 2.1 install problem
From: Sean O. Denney (sdenney@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 20:27:58 MST

Well, here is what i get from the bootloader when it comes to the
IOGear KVM:

input 3: USB HID v0.01 Keyboard [ATEN CS124U V1.00] on usb1:2.0
input 4: USB HID v0.01 Mouse [ATEN CS124U V1.00] on usb1:2.1

but probing isn't far enough to detect the Apple Keybaord and Mouse.

Could this be a problem w/ the USB PCI card? I don't see how if the
Keyboard and Mouse work directly, but I'm new when it comes to USB on
Linux.

Also, having jumped from YDL 1.2.1 to 2.1, I'm having trouble figuring
out how to recompile the kernel. On 1.2.1, this would be my steps:

cd /usr/src/linux
make pmac_config
make menuconfig
make dep
make clean
make vmlinux
make modules
make modules_install

I need to recompile w/ the scyld version of tulip (not the one by
mandrake... it doesn't work at all). I need to make this a module.

Thanks in advance
--- Sean