Re: Partition Ordering-YDL+Mac OSX

Subject: Re: Partition Ordering-YDL+Mac OSX
cbsled@ncia.net
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 18:54:07 MST

On 02/26/02, at 06:13 PM, "Eric D." <liriodendron@mac.com> said:

>Actually, these computers also won't work with OS 9 if the partition in
>question is not wholly in the first 8 GB of the drive.

My Wallstreet boots OS 9 from a partition which straddles the 8G boundary, and the first time I started to set the machine up, I had the Mac OS partitions at the end of the 30G drive, as suggested by YDL. OS 9 worked from there, OS X would not install. However, the OS 9 Drive setup couldn't see the drive at all. I had to use the OS X version to partition it.

To clarify on OS X, it won't -boot- from a partition not within the first 8G, on the list of machines found at the previously posted url.

Carl Brown cbsled@ncia.net
I don't use Windows.