mount.py problem solved(?)

Subject: mount.py problem solved(?)
From: Geza Bohus (gbohus@mindmaker.hu)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 02:48:44 MST

Hi,

As other before me I had the following error message while installing
YDL 2.1.

> -------------------------------
> OSError [Errno 17] File exists: '/tmp/root/etc'
>
> File "./mount.py", line 514, in Write
> os.mkdir(self.installPath + '/etc/');
>
> File "./mount.py", line 344 in configure
> return self.Write(face)
>
> File "./template.py", line 57 in __call__
> return self.configure(args)
> --------------------------------

The machine is a PowerMac 7300/166 with 88MB ram and plenty of
diskspace. There is no way to continue the installation from this
point.

Trying several things (including advice from YD) what eventually
worked was:

Make the bootloader partition the first one on the disk. (In my case
this meant killing an existing MacOS partition which coexisted with
YDL 1.whatever.)

YD advice btw was to install onto freshly created partitions so that
the installer initialize them, but this alone didn't help.

I hope someone will find this useful.

Best,

--
| Geza Bohus
  gbohus@mindmaker.hu
  gbohus@yahoo.com
  gbohus@cs.elte.hu
  http://www.cs.elte.hu/~gbohus

Entropy requires no maintenance. -- Markoff Chaney (Send me an email if you get the _second_ joke in my sig.)