Re:ATI Mach64 troubles

Subject: Re:ATI Mach64 troubles
From: Pietro (ppesci@cantv.net)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 17:56:48 MST

> ATI Mach64 troubles
>
> John Boyarsky <baroosk>
>
> Tue, 26 Feb 2002 00:02:06 -0900
>
> <yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com>
>

>Yes I am trying to get YDL 2.1 on my G# All-In-One, but I cant get the
>montior to work.
>
>I HAD it working in CS 1.2.1 just fine using 832x624 with a Sony CPD SF15
>Monitor in 16 bit, all accelerated.
>
>Now in YDL 2.1 I have the 1024x768 rez, at the right hZ, but it overfills
>the screen; by this I mean the KDE Desktop is about 4 inches LARGER than the
>actual screen, I have to roll past the edges of the screen as it rolls into
>view..
>
> I cant seem to find it in the file. I wanna edit the Xconfig file, but I
>dunno what to put there. Or where to put it. There are about 40 MAC monitor
>settings at the bottom of the file, each one starts with "Modeline" How do
>I get the Xconfig file to read just the 1 I want?
>
>John Boyarsky
>Fairbanks, Alaska

I had the same problem with my mach64 card.
YDL 2.1 can't configure this card properly. You must to edit manualy
XF86Config-4 file.
There are 2 sections:
Section "Modes" and
Section "Screen"

You must to change to look as:
-----------------------------------
Section "Modes"
  Identifier "Modes[0]"
  Modeline "1024x768" 78.525 1024 1056 1152 1312 768 769 772 800
+hsync +vsync
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  DefaultDepth 15
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth 15
    Modes "1024x768"
  EndSubSection
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth 16
    Modes "1024x768"
  EndSubSection
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth 24
    Modes "1024x768"
  EndSubSection
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth 32
    Modes "1024x768"
  EndSubSection
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth 8
    Modes "1024x768"
  EndSubSection
  Device "Device[0]"
  Identifier "Screen[0]"
  Monitor "Monitor[0]"
EndSection
this worked for me.
Good Luck.
By the way, if this work, duplicate it. And put in a safe place.

Pietro