questions about mac partitions...

Subject: questions about mac partitions...
From: Ryan Mesler (kraylus@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 15:15:06 MST

ok, im new to this as most of you may already know. im slowly but surely
learning how the mac hardware works.

what i originally did (since i was too lazy to learn) was have the YDL
install wipe my HD and i created the partitions it said to in the manual.
however, once i realized the my freakin modem didn't want to work, i was
forced to switch back to macOS until i could fix that.

i've decided to dual-boot as i can still work on things that way. is there a
certain way the partitions need to be set? it's a 20gb HD on the mid-summer
2001 iMacs (indigo 500MHz, 192mb ram).

can i use drive setup to make custom partitions? i didnt see an option for
that. if i resize an existing partition will it erase the date thats on it?
i know that most partition progs i worked with on PCs didnt, but ive heard
different things for macs.

thanks all,

R.L. Mesler <Kraylus>
Call me Kray

If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

ICQ: 45088864
AIM: Kraylus