RE: questions about mac partitions...

Subject: RE: questions about mac partitions...
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 15:34:51 MST

Kray,

You can use Drive Setup to make your partitions, but you cannot use it to
resize existing partitions like Partition Magic on Intel PCs. Drive Setup
does the equivalent of FDISK and FORMAT, which is called PARTITION AND
INITIALIZE on the Mac.

That said, I think I remember some brave folks using pdisk to repartition
their non-MacOS partitions. Scary stuff. Make sure you have anything you
want to keep backed up before you try that. You also didn't tell us how your
hard drive is currently partitioned. It might be fine as it is.

And, of course, did you search the archives? Probably a million hits (and
opinions, lol) on how-to partition one's hard drive. Having two 2GB drives,
it's a no-brainer for me; one HFS for MacOS, the other / and swap for YDL.

Looking forward to hearing more on your MacSlack Project. Keep us
posted......

Pete