Re: HELP!

Subject: Re: HELP!
From: Jonathan Bertsch (bertsch.13@osu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 16:53:25 MST

Tommy Young wrote:

> Yeah that is it, suppose that if you had a cdb burner you could hack the
> disk and switch the kernel with another that does not have this problem and
> burn again. I think you might have to wait until Dans people make a cs 1.2.1
> rescue disk as the one you have is a 1.2 disk which had a 2.2.15pre 17
> kernel I believe and you will probably need 2.2.17 benh something or a
> 2.2.18 kernel to boot your machine.
> Tommy

If I had access to one, would I just use a newer kernel/system map and then the
same rescue image off the 1.2 tasty cd?

Also can someone please clarify how to use the 'single' kernel command in
yaboot? Maybe I'm just not doing that right? Or does it even work in Yellow Dog?
I have a lot of faith in Yellow Dog as a comercial product, so it would make
sense that it would be able to boot into single user mode in the event that
something were to go wrong...

--
-Jonathan Bertsch
bertsch.13@osu.edu