Re: HELP!

Subject: Re: HELP!
From: Jonathan Bertsch (bertsch.13@osu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 19:22:33 MST

I managed to change the runlevel(or at least I think I did), so thats probally not the
problem. What else could be causing the 'Warning: unable to open an inital console.'
message? It is right after 'Freeing unused kernel memory....'. I reemember that I had
uninstalled the dev-2.7.18... rpm package, could that be it, and if so how can I
re-install it. I can boot all the partitions on the hard disk, but they are off
another directory, one I called /mydir , so the / of my hd is actually /mydir which
causes proplems for rpm when I try and reinsall the dev package. If that sounds like
that could be the problem how can I install that package? I'm sorry for flooding this
list with this problem, but I would hate to have to re-install everything...

--
-Jonathan Bertsch
bertsch.13@osu.edu