Re: comm slot cards?

Subject: Re: comm slot cards?
From: Stefan Jeglinski (jeglin@4pi.com)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 19:24:05 MST

>I have an old 6400 and i am using both pci slots but i
>want to get a network card. Will linux recognize a
>comm slot ethernet card?

Your main alternative (only alternative?) is the Farallon CSII 10/100
card. An excellent choice on the Mac side, but I have never gotten it
to work in my 6500, which is close enough to your 6400, with Linux.
It sees the card no problem, and even though bringing the interface
up reports no errors, the link-active light on the card never turns
on. And indeed, no packets go in or out. It's on my list of things to
investigate, but pretty low right now because I have a regular
10baseT card in it now.

Stefan Jeglinski