Re: ATI Rage 128 acceleration?

Subject: Re: ATI Rage 128 acceleration?
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 12:46:09 MST

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Ben Ricker wrote:

> Has anyone figured out how to get hardware acceleration using an ATI
> Rage 128 graphics card? My screen refresh rate is ABYSMAL and is pretty
> much a deal killer for me in using ydl. I have the kernel that comes
> with 1.2.2 (I believe it is 2.2.18).

Refresh rate has to do with your monitor settings, not your hardware
acceleration... Try /usr/sbin/Xconfigurator to change your settings.

The Rage 128 is undoubtedly the best-supported card on PPC these days
though, and if you're willing to upgrade to XF4 you'll be very impressed
with the (accelerated) performance.

> Another question: I tried compiling kernel 2.4test12 but the 'make
> vmlinux' would not work; said something like there is no rule to make
> it.

'make vmlinux' does work. Did you make menuconfig etc beforehand?

-Hollis