Re: question to the developers about 466MHz

Subject: Re: question to the developers about 466MHz
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 02:13:06 MST

andu wrote:

> Linux is not for the experts because it's hard, but because it's so broken, and as time goes one has to
> become even more of an expert if one HAS to use Linux.

Welcome to the bleeding edge.

In the Intel world it has been a long long time since I have had much of
a problem with installing Linux. Most manufacturers are producing Linux
drivers for hardware, and most problems are solved with a simple update.
In the Mac world however the software you are using is often a lot
younger and less tested - which means more problems for you.

Unfortunately Apple doesn't seem to be supporting the Linux community as
much as the Intel side is supported, so drivers and code have to be
created way after the hardware release, instead of before as you would
expect. It's a pain, but it's the price for being too close to the
bleeding edge.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon