Monitor settings on G3

Subject: Monitor settings on G3
From: Luis Martnez (digit@ctv.es)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 05:41:03 MST

I have a LaCIE electron 19 t (trinitron 19") and I have installed YDL for
the first time (previously was with MacOSXS).
I have YDL on my powerbook running.
The problem is that the monitor looks like 1024x768 (or something like this
size) but it expands beyond the monitor.
Let me explain it.
If I move the mouse in the direction, the desktop appears. But I want it to
be the normal size.

I tried searching in YDL lists but it refuses connection, and on my
personnal saved list, but found nothing.
How can I manage monitor resolution (under KDE, Gnome or just in terminal
before entering X system?
Ah, yes, before startx, the monitor looks the right way, so I presume itīs
an X configuration problem.

Any hint?