Re: One more time

Subject: Re: One more time
From: Neil Jolly (njolly@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 21:14:11 MST

On January 4, 2001 09:03 pm, you wrote:
> >On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Matthew Hill wrote:
> >> How would i keep a user in thier directory using telnet? I would
> >>like to keep
> >> them from be able to browse other directorys. So when they cd / it
> >> would go back to there home directory instead of the real root
> >> directory.
> >
> > Forget it: you can't do it. Doing something like:
> >
> > chmod 750 /
> >
> > would probably severely break your system (since no process
> > could reach any directory under /).
> >
> > - Paul
>
> Unless chroot helps you any. I'm not absolutely sure it'll do what
> you want but it might be worth looking into
>
> I had a quick play but couldn't get it to do what you're trying, but
> maybe you'll have more luck
>
> Pete
You might also want to try using FreeVSD. FreeVSD enables you to provide a
virtual-dedicated server environment for each client/user while only using
one server. Each client can configure his virtual server independently of
other clients, and are chrooted to their own file systems. For more
detailed/better information see where else but http://freevsd.org/

--
"Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention in human history, with the possible exception of