Re: Ethernet pain

Subject: Re: Ethernet pain
From: Bryn Hughes (linux@demian.shacknet.nu)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 10:43:11 MST

Okay, everyone seems to be leaving out one little detail:

go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

There you will see a file called ifcfg-eth0. I can almost guess that you
don't have an ifcfg-eth1. This is required to set up your second NIC. Take
a look in the ifcfg-eth0 file to see the format. And I've never had good
results with linuxconf anyhow, it's easier to do it manually.

The fact that it's showing up in ifconfig means the driver is loaded, the
card just hasn't been assigned an IP address properly.

Bryn