Re: starting up

Subject: Re: starting up
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 16:20:29 MST

http://lists.yellowdoglinux.com/ - scroll down to the bottom.
> Now my question concerns start-up. I have moderately successfully
> installed YDL on my computer, since I've been able to boot it once (though
> not in windowsX or startX--the visual window mode).
Default is to boot to Runlevel 3, which is set up to be text-only. This is
actually a lot safer since if you have X problems at least you can get to a
working interface. If you're booting straight into X (Runlevel 5) if X is hosed
you've got no way to control the machine (at least locally).

Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>
dba Windhorse Studio * Maps & Information Design

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."