audio card and drivers

Subject: audio card and drivers
From: Mike Morasky (mikem@wetafx.co.nz)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 12:48:57 MST

Hi,
I'm somewhat new to administering my own unix box, particularly powerpc and have a
couple of questions that hopefully someone can help me with. This is in regards to
a G4

I'm wanting to work with some linux audio apps that are out there and they all
seem to either need a sound driver that is "OSS" or "ALSA" compliant.

What is the G4's internal "sound card" called?

Is the driver that comes with YellowDog either OSS or ALSA compliant?

If anyone can help me with these basic questions I'd really appreciate it.