Linux on G3 upgraded with G4 NewerTech Chip

Subject: Linux on G3 upgraded with G4 NewerTech Chip
From: J.T. Travis (jttravis99@jam.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 13:00:48 MST

  Any chance of getting YD linux to run on a Mac G3 with a NewerTech
G4 processor upgrade?

  I've tried LinuxPPC but the system won't boot from the CD. I moved
the contents of the CD to a separate partition and tried to boot from
it, but the system crashes on booting. (I haven't been able to
install Mac OS-Xb on this system either).

   System: G3/333 mHz minitower with Newer Tech G4/400 processor.
640 Meg RAM, 80 Gig IDA and 2 wide SCSI drives, plenty of unallocated
free space for partitions on any drive.

  Thanks for the info:

  Joe Travis

--