XFree86 4.0.1 optical USB mouse problem

Subject: XFree86 4.0.1 optical USB mouse problem
From: David Blache (dblache@metrowerks.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 17:16:41 MST

I am using a Logitech optical USB WheelMouse
(http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/productoverview.cfm/55) with the
standard install of CS 1.2. I recently installed XFree86 4.0.1
(ftp://ftp.terraplex.com/pub/users/hollie/) and Xautoconfig
(http://penguinppc.org/~trini/).

I got X to launch, but have a problem with my mouse. If I do not move the
mouse for a certain amount of time, the cursor stops responding on the
screen. Unplugging the USB cord to the mouse, and plugging it back into the
USB port makes the cursor "wake up"; but as soon as I let the mouse idle
again the same thing happens.

Can someone give me pointers on where I should be looking to figure out what
is the problem and how to fix it?

No USB errors are reported in /var/log/messages when the cursor stops
responding. When I unplug and replug the mouse, I get some messages; but
nothing indicating an error.

Any ideas??

--

FUZZY GREENISH-BLUE MEAT IS BAD FOR YOU.