Re: BootX to yaboot: backout plan

Subject: Re: BootX to yaboot: backout plan
From: Steve Poole (sp@is2-isnot.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 22:58:48 MST

OK. I have been very fortunate. I used the standard bootscript and it
worked perfectly the first time. I fixed the .conf file, moved over the
necessary files and then changed the OF variable and voila, it works
perfectly. Lucky me. I started out using yaboot, though.

Steve...

At 09:35 PM 01/12/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Steve Poole wrote:
>
> > By default when you do the change you are talking about, it will still
> boot
> > to Mac OS, as long as you still have it installed. In order to boot to
> YDL,
> > you need to hit the space bar before and during the chime.
>
> It will do that only if the bootscript works. If there's some
> problem with that, it won't boot at all.
>
> - Paul
>
> P.S.: I edited the bootscript and flipped things so that it
> will boot into Linux by default (since I use the machine
> primarily for Linux) and will boot into Mac OS only if I press
> the spacebar.

Steve Poole
Technical Therapist
Phone 713.806.0329