Using ethernet with PB99

Subject: Using ethernet with PB99
From: Markus Peek (markus@swoonunitz.net)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 19:25:24 MST

Hello,

I am a newbie to YDL and trying to get it to work with a
1999 PowerBook. Internal ethernet doesn't seem to be responding
as boot sequence passes muster but hub indicates no activity
on that port. I've tested the cable and the hub on another machine,
so I've localized the problem to the PB.

I've tried 'dmesg | grep bmac -i' and get
BMAC+ at 00:50:e4:d0:49:50
..and Netconfig shows IP active on 'eth0' and 'lo'

Any ideas? Maybe my internal eth is fried and I should go PCMCIA?
Any suggestions?

Thanks! - Markus