Re: BootX to yaboot on Lombard

Subject: Re: BootX to yaboot on Lombard
From: Jonathan Bertsch (bertsch.13@osu.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 13 2001 - 13:15:14 MST

> Where did you see that second line documented?

I don't remember.

> Same for that line? Regardless, this doesn't change the fact
> that the program format is unrecognized.

I don't remember what you ment by "program format is unrecognized" But
trust me that if you only want to boot linux you need to do:

setenv boot-device hd:##,yaboot
setenv boot-command boot
boot hd:##,yaboot

If there are still problems it might be because of where you put yaboot, I
have mine in the root directory of my disk, and I don't know how to set
the commands if yaboot is anywhere else.

I remember now that that unrecognized format thing might be solved to
changing yaboot to yaboot.tbxi and likewise changing it in
openfirmware. And if anything dosent work just hold down command-option p
r and that will zap the p-ram, which sets everything to its original state
and will boot mac os.

--
Jonathan Bertsch
bertsch.13@osu.edu