2.4.0 kernel

Subject: 2.4.0 kernel
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 02:22:57 MST

Just for fun I built the linuxppc_2_4 kernel and it almost worked. However,
the bit that didn't work - the onboard Ethernet on my 9600 - was a
showstopper.

Maybe I forgot some option or other but no traffic seems to pass through the
interface. ifup eth0 and ifdown eth0 work correctly but if I try to set up
a route through eth0 there is a long wait (during which period I assume
linux attempts to setup the route and fails) and then the route is logged in
the routing table but is inoperative.

Any thoughts?

  Iain