Help! eth0: transmit timed out

Subject: Help! eth0: transmit timed out
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 13:25:58 MST

Ack! One of my web servers is having some serious network problems. I keep
on getting this message: 'eth0: transmit time out, resetting' and the
network hangs. The only solution so far is to stop the network and bring
it back.

 This machine (a G4/450 'sawtooth') was working really well until it
started to take on some serious traffic.

 Has anyone had this problem at all? I'm really in a bind here.

G4/450 'sawtooth'
512 MB RAM
YDL CS 1.2.1 (default 2.2.17 kernel)
Apache 1.3.14 / PHP4.03pl1

 Any help/info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada