Re: hosts.allow & hosts.deny

Subject: Re: hosts.allow & hosts.deny
From: Bryn Hughes (linux@demian.shacknet.nu)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 10:18:07 MST

I set everything up like that, and ended up with NOBODY able to connect at
all, the server was refusing all connections.

I also tried removing the trailing zero and just leaving the period, that
didn't work either.

In the end, I just deleted my hosts.deny file, and that of course allowed
connections again. My messages log does show IP addresses being refused
that match up with the subnets in my hosts.allow file.

My hosts.allow:

192.168.128.0 : ALL : ALLOW
192.168.129.0 : ALL : ALLOW
192.168.130.0 : ALL : ALLOW