Re: Dual G4 ("blue light") install issues

Subject: Re: Dual G4 ("blue light") install issues
From: Dennis Morrison (dennis@tristream.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 14:50:25 MST

>The first thing you're going to have to do is get Open Firmware working.
>I would suggest setting the resolution of your monitor in MacOS to
>something smaller, perhaps 800x600 or 640x480 and see if that works. If
>you still can't get into OF, you can try flashing the PRAM. If you
>still can't get into OF I would suggest calling Apple, because that's
>something that should work.

Looks like the latter suggestion is all that's left. Although
changing my MacOS res actually showed a little more detail..I could
barely make out "olo Community" and some other text..Weird..It acts
like the installer boots (I know how many CRs it takes to get to the
point of the install where it initializes the CD..it did just that
when I did it blindly..), but I just get that messed up screen I've
been talking about.

It's been my suspicion that something beyond my control (Like OF just
bein hosed in a weird manner)..Figures.

Looks like my frustration might continue, as soon as they ship (order
is in) I'll have a Titanium on my hands..LinuxPPC says their distro
works, it'll be nice to see if YDL does too (I'm sure it will)..

Thanks!
(in the meantime..if anyone else has any miraculous ideas to make
this work, let me know! It could be a month or more before I get the
laptop..)