Can't get NIC to work properly

Subject: Can't get NIC to work properly
From: Paul W. Roach III (proach@wave-share.com)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 09:50:05 MST

Hey guys, I hope someone can help -- I've recently tried installing CS-1.2
onto a PowerComputing PowerTower Pro 225 (604e @ 225mhz). The NIC/Network
Stack works great in MacOS, but for some reason I can't get much once I'm in
the installer. DHCP works, and I'm assigned an address and sent DNS and
gateway information. However, ftp doesn't work. Further, if I switch to a
virtual console during install and try to ping the gateway, I get nothing.
The gateway can't ping me either. I've looked at the route table and it
seems to be kosher -- further, I can see the packets go onto the hub (thanks
to the packet light). Any ideas?

Thanks!
Paul