Re: HELP! Long ping times under Yellow Dog Linux

Subject: Re: HELP! Long ping times under Yellow Dog Linux
From: Gawain Reifsnyder (gawain@guitar.net)
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 11:22:02 MST

At 12:00 PM -0500 on 1/20/01, christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca wrote:

> >Is it really that easy? If things don't work right, can I revert to the
> >old kernel? This is a production server so I'm very apprehensive about
> >breaking something I can't fix.
>
> I felt the same way as you when I had to upgrade from 2.2.17 to 2.2.18.
>It was as easy as the instructions in the readme (only 2 minutes of
>downtime), and my server is taking on 100,000+ http requests per hour from
>9 to 5 on weekdays.

That's reassuring to hear. There's a variety of other files in the
2.2.18 ftp directory... Do I need to install any of those too? (If
yes, in what order?) Or do I just need to grab the
kernel-2.2.18-8a.ppc.rpm file and the vmlinux file to go into my
MacOS partition?

Thanks again for your advice!

Gawain