Re: MOL help needed

Subject: Re: MOL help needed
From: Sam Moore (smoo@lungta.org)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 16:27:44 MST

If you're working with installer archives ("Tomes" in AppleSpeak) you'll need
the Tomeviewer utility. But there's a better easier way...
There should be a "Mac OS ROM" file in your Mac System Folder - that's the one
you want. (It should also be in the System Folder of your MacOS install CD, but
I don't know about the upgrader disk...)
You want to copy it to /usr/lib/mol/rom, renaming it "rom.nw" in the process.
You'll also have to run strip_nwrom on it before using.
See http://www.maconlinux.org/userguide.html for more info.
Good luck, and welcome to Linux.

On 1/21/01 at 2:40 PM, cfairman@Stanford.EDU (Carolyn Jean Fairman) wrote:

> I upgraded my Mac to OS 9.1 and thought that meant I could get the ROM
> image off the system install CD. No such luck. What should I do now
> to get this image file? Once I get MOL I can stay in linux rather
> than rebooting all the time and I really thought the OS 9 CD would
> take care of it.
>
> Carolyn

Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."