Re: DNS Resolution Pt. 2 probably solved (ugh!)

Subject: Re: DNS Resolution Pt. 2 probably solved (ugh!)
From: Alfonso AGNEW (aagnew@gnick.math.smu.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 11:33:58 MST

Thanks to Jim Cole doubting my certainty of the dns addresses, I've found the
likely error: I write everything down in a "hacker journal" so I don't have
to bother people with repeat questions. The bad thing is when questions (as
in this case) are generated from "typos" in this journal. The correct
addresses are 129.119.x.y not 129.116.x.y, as I (18 months ago) copied them
into my journal. Hopefully this is the only problem (I am unable to check
until tonight).

Profuse apologies and gratitude to all that spent their time helping me. If
it is any consolation, I am very, very much more knowledgeable about
networking/linux networking tools, and about how tiny/silly errors can cause
big problems (and thus, too look for them!).

Sincerely,

Alfonso