Re: yup update problem

Subject: Re: yup update problem
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 19:46:55 MST

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, you wrote:
> I actually ran into this problem while working on YDL 2.0. Normally an
> ordinary user wouldn't experience this problem,
> because to have this
> problem show up your would have had to installed bzip2 1.0.1-2 with the
> --force option sent to rpm. If you didn't do this yourself it may have
> been caused by the helixcode installer if you've ever used it.

Shouldn't we be able to install additional packages and upgrades without
having to abandon the upgrades you provide?

Otherwise the solution is a clean install,
        followed by a yup update
        followed by upgrades and installs of all the packages we want over and
above the ones ydl provides in the base distribution and yup.