almost there!

Subject: almost there!
From: Aaron Lawson (aaron@textwise.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 09:32:03 MST

I've been working for about a month to install linux on a G3 B&W w/400Mhz
Newer Technologies upgrade chip and I am just a about there. I finally got
through the installation process with YDL without a hitch. I have yaBoot
working fine, and my system completes the boot into level 3 using the 2.4
test 13 kernel (this is the only one I could find that would work, after
trying many).

There's just one last problem: I am unable to start X-windows server
because of a fatal server error: "could not open dev/mouse because no mouse
could be found" (not exact words). I've tried different mouses and hooking
them to different USB ports to no avail. I've looked through all the
documentation but I can't find anything on this. Is this a configuration
problem?

  Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!

-Aaron