Rev. A iMac...no sound!

Subject: Rev. A iMac...no sound!
From: Clinton Billedeaux (dapupil@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 21:35:39 MST

Okay,

I'm kicking around in my nice new YDL OS and I decide to buzz some tunes.
So I pop in a CD, open the media player, hit play and....no sound! I think
no prob I'll just take a look over here and over there and I hit info for
sound. I get this..."Sorry no information available or system not
supported". Disappointed I start looking at all kinds of websites
especially the big ones like linux.com and imaclinux.com, but I still can't
find anything. Now I know that LinuxPPC2000 supports sound so I'm kind of
wondering why I can't get YDL to play a CD? Is there just that big a diff
in the distro?