Re: starting ssh

Subject: Re: starting ssh
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 21:49:36 MST

Yeah, you're right, that was all taken care of. I had just assumed the server
wasn't running, and started it myself from the command line, but it turned out I
was doing something wrong in the client.
thanks

On 1/31/01 at 11:20 PM, hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hollis R Blanchard) wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Sam Moore wrote:
>
> > Should sshd be added to etc/inetd.conf? Or is there a better way to get it
> > start at boot, i.e. from etc/rc?
>
> Yes. Install openssh-server (which provides /etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd). Then run
> 'chkconfig --add sshd'. I wouldn't be surprised if the rpm postinstall script
> already does this.
>
> -Hollis

Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."