Re: Alternative to AppleWorks?

Subject: Re: Alternative to AppleWorks?
From: Dylan Ward (dylan.@esatclear.ie)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 04:27:03 MST

I am currently using OS X with YDL 2.0. I have used RedHat Linux before
on a PC as an alternative to Windows. At the time I heavily used MS
Office 2000 to do all of my school and work documents, so I also had to
find an alternative to use instead of MS Office. RedHat comes with a
copy of Star Office. It is a worthy office suite and if you are like me
and need to use MS Office as well (for work docs), it can also convert
to and read from MS Office formats. YDL 2.0 and greater comes with a
copy of Open Office which is the open source version of Star Office. I
highly recommend you give it a spin to see if it suits your needs. I
have never used Apple Works before and I cannot tell you how it compares
to it, but I can tell you that Star\Open Office is a sturdy wee program
and worth the time.

Good Luck,

Dylan
dylan.@esatclear.ie