Re: YDL install w/ multiple drives

Subject: Re: YDL install w/ multiple drives
From: Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 10:58:58 MST

You may want to check your /etc/yaboot.conf to make sure you have a 'macos'
line near the top ... e.g. the top of my /etc/yaboot.conf looks like the
following:

        boot=/dev/hda10
        macos=/dev/hda9
        magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
        delay=10
        defaultos=linux
        enablecdboot

Make sure your macos=... line points to whatever drive macos is installed on,
e.g. macos=/dev/sda1

After making the changes, don't forget to re-run 'ybin' from the command
prompt.

In order to run MOL, you will first need to run /usr/bin/molvconfig as root.
Then open the file /etc/molrc and read through all the options carefully,
commenting out what you don't need and un-commenting what you need.
Especially look at the section that says 'HFS volumes'. You will probably
need an entry like:

        blkdev: /dev/sda1 -rw -boot

(Replace the /dev/sda1 with whatever your drive is for MacOS)

Once this is done, save the file and start MOL from the command line using :

        startmol

This should hopefully get you started ...

-- Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)