Re: NFS not working...

Subject: Re: NFS not working...
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 21:31:19 MST

On Tue, 1 Jan 2002, Mark Jaffe wrote:
>now NFS does not work. I can mount the new machine from the old, but it
>complains the file system is read-only (even though the /etc/exports
>file contains the single line: /oldsys wizdev.net (rw,no_root_squash)

 1st thing to try: take the space out between wizdev.net and (rw, so that
your first line should read:

/oldsys wizdev.net(rw,no_root_squash)

 I read on linuxdoc that nfs is really picky about that.

 2nd thing, make sure that when you compiled your kernel, you compiled
with v3 server and client support. v3 is supposed to be much more
efficient.

 FWIW, I have a dual800 running 2.4.18pre1 serving NFS to a dual 450
running 2.4.17pre2 without any problems.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

Tel.: (514) 398-3122 Fax: (514) 398-2017