ydl & xfig/octave

Subject: ydl & xfig/octave
From: A Scottedward Hodel (a.s.hodel@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 23:09:41 MST

Mr. Gupta,

Thanks for both of your answers, especially regards the xfig rpm on the
extras CD. I wish I'd thought to look there before writing.

I haven't checked the octave rpm, but on versions up through 2.0 it's been
the 2.0.16 version, which while stable is getting quite out of date; the
2.1.34 distribution is what I'm using (the last version to have it's own
readline code included in the source). That works fine, so I'll stay with
that until I understand what's going wrong with the readline libraries on my
system.

Thanks again to you and to Terrasoft for hosting the list.

--
A. S. Hodel 200 Broun Hall Dept Elect & Comp Eng, Auburn Univ AL 36849-5201
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~scotte   334 844 1854  Fax: -1809