Re: Yeller Dog finally installing!

Subject: Re: Yeller Dog finally installing!
From: John Nelson (john@computation.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 23:05:06 MST

Ok, the install finished, I log in and... well... it's a Linux system.

Well that was anti-climactic.

I'm having problems (X server won't start) that I've seen in previous
Linux installations except I can't seem to find linuxconf. In the
Redhat world I think this is usually on the Powertools CD, but there's
nothing that looks like linuxconf on any of the Yeller Dog CDs. Where
is linuxconf (is there a YD linuxconf)?

Also, I would like to run netcfg in a text only mode. As indicated, the
X server is currently broken (I'll fix that) so I'd like to do my
configuration without X. Is there a netcfg for text interfaces?

A few problems, but not Yeller Dog issues I'm happy to say.

Oh... is the MPI package available for YD? Is this part of Black Lab?

-- John