Re: YDL compatibility with video accelerator cards

Subject: Re: YDL compatibility with video accelerator cards
From: David Chart (linux@dchart.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 00:34:26 MST

--On Thursday, January 03, 2002 1:51 AM -0500 Stefan Jeglinski
<jeglin@4pi.com> wrote:

> AFAICT, ATI Mach64 acceleration in X is utterly hopeless and useless in
> YDL 2.1

How's the ATI Rage 128 VR support? I've got a '99 iMac DV SE, which has
this video card according to everymac.com. I'm thinking about getting YDL
2.1, but my last attempt at getting a newer distribution (Mandrake 8)
couldn't manage accelerated video. I'd really like to get that working --
my previous attempts to upgrade X have not been very successful, so I want
a distro that gets it right, leaving me to concentrate on stuff further up
in the system.

(I have searched the archives, but I didn't find the answer. Sorry.)

Thanks in advance.

David Chart