Re: YDL install w/ multiple drives

Subject: Re: YDL install w/ multiple drives
From: Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 05:53:05 MST

You may want to try running the following command from a konsole:

        ofpath /dev/hde8

This should tell you the "real" Open firmware path. But if this does not
work, then things are a bit (a lot?) more complicated ...

Look at the following yaboot FAQ:

http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/doc/yaboot-faq.html#scsi_boot_path

read the whole section very carefully and try to see if you can get this
working. I am afraid I cannot help you out more here since this is getting
too complicated and I would have to be physically there at your machine to be
more helpful :)

But I am sure you will figure it out!

Best of Luck.

-- Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)