Re: Newbie rpm question

Subject: Re: Newbie rpm question
From: Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 05:56:30 MST

Hi Greg,

If you downloaded a "source" rpm, then you can rebuild it using:

        rpm --rebuild packagename.ppc.rpm

(replace packagename.ppc.rpm with the name of the source rpm)

This should rebuild everything and place the resulting binary rpm in:

        /usr/src/rpm/RPMS/ppc

cd to this directory and install the new rpm using:

        rpm -ivh

-- Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)