YDL Install space requirements? (was: Re: Yeller Dog finally installing!)

Subject: YDL Install space requirements? (was: Re: Yeller Dog finally installing!)
From: Doug Philips (dgou@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 10:17:32 MST

Gordon Neault <gordo-x@shaw.ca> indited:

>The temp files can be much larger during install than in regular use; if
>you create many partitions then it may be more difficult to >size each one
>right for install even though your size choices are >reasonable for actual
>day-to-day/intended use.

Having only done a handful of YDL installs (an no other distro installs
either!), is this an artifact of the YDL installer, or are you simply
refering to the space that rpm itself is using? In other words, if I suss'ed
out just what packages were installed and did it myself, would I have the
same problem?

>As a general rule, if you are having trouble (getting the "fix this
>manually" message) I would try to create one large partition as root and
>run the installer.

Ahh.... Thanks!

-D'gou