Installing YDL and YUP...

Subject: Installing YDL and YUP...
From: John Nelson (john@computation.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 11:21:45 MST

Hey all,

Well things are rolling along apace. I fixed my X Windows issue (GDM
getting murdered), installed Webmin, enabled networking and am now
updating with YUP.

YUP was dissapointing in that all of the URLs in the provided yup.conf
file were wrong and the yup db files in my cache all pointed to the
wrong place. I've encountered these sort of problems in the past with
SUSE. Bad hardcoded URLs in YAST is one reason I ditched SUSE however
and its not good that similar quality problems have crept into YDL.

But not a huge issue. I modified my yup.conf file after probing the YDL
site with FTP and now yup is doing its thing.

Let's see... on the YDL web site it appears that Black Lab, the
clustering version of YDL, isn't available yet so I guess I'll defer on
that one.

Next up is Java (hmmmmmm... is there a Java port for YDL?) and MOL!

-- John

John T. Nelson President | Computation.com Inc. mail: | john@computation.com company: | http://www.computation.com/ journal: | http://www.computation.org/