Re: Shut Down

Subject: Re: Shut Down
From: Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 21:33:30 MST

Hmmm ... looks like KDE is freezing for some reason when you log out. Try
this:

Open a konsole window in KDE and log in as root.

Type:

        /sbin/telinit 3

This should log you out of KDE and take you to the console. From there you
can type:

        /sbin/reboot

to reboot. Of course, this does not explain why KDE does not shut down
properly, but at least you will not have to wait for the disk to repair the
next time you login.

-- Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)