Re: Can I run YDL headless?

Subject: Re: Can I run YDL headless?
From: Terry Allen (hmag@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 22:34:37 MST

>All,
>
>Aside from running MOL, I don't really need a monitor, keyboard or mouse
>on this 8500 running YDL. I plan to use it as a compute server. But...
>will YDL actually boot on an 8500 without these ADB devices? I suspect,
>the answer is "no" because on Old World Macs you need to boot into Mac OS
>first and then boot Linux...
>
>Unless there's a way to directly boot into YDL on an Old World Mac without
>even touching Mac OS. Any chance this can be done?
>
>-- John

Hi John,
        Someone may already have answered this, but you should be able to
let it boot, because BootX has a 'timer' which auto-selects Linux after 10
seconds in it's default installation, so you should have no trouble hitting
the power button & then letting it do it's biz.

        Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
        hEARd
        c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
        The Entrance
        NSW 2261
        Australia

Internet -
        WWW:
        http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
        http://hosting.heard.com.au

Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/

EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
hmag@ozemail.com.au

Non profit promotion for new music
Also, check out the Educate site - http://www.educate.net.au