Re: Install Problems YDL2.1 on a beige G3

Subject: Re: Install Problems YDL2.1 on a beige G3
From: Gordon Neault (gordo-x@shaw.ca)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 09:15:46 MST

Drive Setup in OSX will not create a partition smaller than 32MB.
Some versions of Drive Setup will allow you to create smaller partitions
than 32MB, but you still may find them to be too large (the minimum in
the Classic MacOS9 version varies depending on the size of the drive
itself). If you want to try using an older version of Drive Setup (for
example one that comes on the OS8x install CD) you should be able to
create whatever size you specify. I am not up on exactly which version
will do what; you'll have to try it to find out yourself.

If you go that route:
After you create the partitions of the desired size with the older
version, be sure to update the drivers with the version of Drive Setup
that matches whatever MacOS, if any, you plan to use with the machine.
Keep in mind that you're using a partitioning/formatting utility; save
whatever and have good copies of Drive Setup/MacOS available on startup
CDs in case something goes wrong.