Re: kernel argument values for YDL2.1 / Wallstreet 233

Subject: Re: kernel argument values for YDL2.1 / Wallstreet 233
From: Juan Manuel Palacios (jmpalacios@mac.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 09:46:47 MST

        Actually the correct syntax is "vmode x y". Just like that, with
spaces and no comas or colons. But that is at the console when the
system has already booted. To provide this as a kernel argument you need
a different syntax, either one:

video=atyfb:vmode:10,cmode:16
append="video=atyfb:vmode:10,cmode:16"
video=atyfb:vmode:10,32
append="video=atyfb:vmode:10,32"

        Which ever works. If I recall correctly all of them worked for me
because the kernel can just take the relevant info out of what you
provide in the argument. Anyhow, try them out to see which one's right.

        Yours,...

                Juan.