RE: YDL 2.1 Sound on iBook2 (for the umpteenth time)

Subject: RE: YDL 2.1 Sound on iBook2 (for the umpteenth time)
From: Ferwerda Darren (app3dxf) (app3dxf@ups.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 06:29:17 MST

Joe,
        YDL 2.1 should have installed the i2c driver that
is needed for sound. Double check it by doing an lsmod.
also, check via aumix whether your sound volume is at 0.
If that does not work, try playing an avi file via xanim.
I had a bad avi file that spit out tons of garbage to the
/dev/dsp, that was actually able to get the sound to work
on another system with bad sound (NOT ppc). The card was not
initialized properly, so all the registers had bad values.
After you get sound working for the first time, it works
fine. you may want to try cat'ing something to /dev/dsp,
that may do the same trick.

I just installed it a couple days ago on an iceBook, and
it works like a charm.

Darren